Monday, February 13, 2012

Why I read the Wall Street Journal letters first....

Chicago AM Monday 13 February 2012

Editors, The Wall Street Journal

Gentlepeople:

The the Wall Street Journal's 19 letters of Monday 13 February "Mandates, Womens' Rights and Religious Freedom" is the finest set of letters I've seen anywhere on a top subject of the day, and the finest letters page of the Journal I've seen in 20 years of reading The Wall Street Journal (and having two of my own letters printed in that time.)

And I'm sure the lopsided 16-3 count favoring one position of the controversy over the other accurately reflects your readership, independent of whatever your editorial board's cumulative position on the subject. To top off all of that, you include one letter each self-identified as ostensibly from one side of the argument, but supporting the other side. Great Job!

Arnold H Nelson

No comments: