Wednesday, July 11, 2012


Drudgereport.com, thought of the day featureSaturday, June 2, 2012 11:41 AM

From: "Arnold Nelson"

To: drudge@drudgereport.com

Refdesk.com:  The first time I signed up for Drudgereport.com/'site of the day'/'thought of the day'  was at the latest sometime in 1999.

The first thing I see in my inbox for 'site....' is "From: site of the day" "Subject ("Something")

If the 'something' sounds interesting, I go look at it. If not,  delete it,

The first thing I see in my inbox for ''thot-of-the day" is... "From: "thought of the day" "Subject ('no subject')"

IN 13 YEARS GETTING 'THOT OF THE DAY' EVERY DAY, I HAVE NEVER LOOKED AT IT!!!

Subject of 'Subject' just never sounded interesting.

I realize that DrudgeReport/Refdesk have highly talented staff, but not particularly large.  Have you ever thot of asking a computer programmer to make what to me (a programmer since 1954) appears to be a simple change to your code:  Instead of that word 'subject' (redundantly) under 'Subject', why not put the first 26 characters of what ever the day's thought is?

For example,  finally breaking down and actually lookong at  'Thought of the day', for
Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:10 AM

It turned out to be:

"A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her."  - David Brinkley

The first 26 characters?

"A successful person is o"

I would have looked at that just from reading those 26 characters.

So, whatever,  I will continue looking at Drudgereport.com at least 3-4 times a day. as I have for the last 12 years.

Arn Nelson in Chicago (The Democrat-occupied west bank of Lake Michigan (Illinois 9th CD, repped by Nancy Pelosi's evil twin, Jan Schakowsky)

[fosterbeachchicago.blogspot.com]

No comments: